Rules of Conduct: Bloggers who win the award must complete the following steps:
1. Thank the blogger who gave you the award and provide a link.
2. List 7 interesting things about yourself that your readers might find interesting
3. Nominate 7 other bloggers, provide links, and let them know!
I just noticed that I received an honorable mention by my friend Julian at Vini Buoni – Good wines in the Kreativ-Blogger Award. I feel really flattered by this, because Vini Buoni was the first blog I subscribed to right after I signed up for my own wine blog. I have therefore always felt a special closeness to Julian and his blog, which extends far beyond that: We both were born and raised in Germany, we both seem to have fallen for Italian wines, and his wine reviews are passionate, enlightening and well written. Italy has so many different varietals, it is cool to get to know more of them through Julian’s palate. Thanks for sharing and keep up the great work!! Oh, and his cover photo is hauntingly beautiful…
- My “real” name is Oliver Windgätter, hence the winegetter
- My wife is from Alaska and we met watching the Euro Cup 2008 (soccer) in a sports bar in Botswana.
- I have lived in Europe, Asia, Africa and now North America.
- Why restrict yourself? There is so much to explore beyond my favorites riesling, pinotage, vino nobile and pinot noir…
- Perfection is avocado on a rye bread with a pinch of salt.
- I love vineyards, but am afraid of forests.
- Ice cream…
It was hard to pick, and limiting myself to just fellow wine blogs did not make the choice any easier…no offense meant in creating this list.
- Sipology: A fellow blogger from Michigan, Josh runs this awesome blog that is focused on wine and bourbon. I love both. Josh’s reviews and commentary are well written and follow a structure that would be impossible to keep up for this babbling blogger over here…We’re yet to meet up and share some bottles, but I do see this coming.
- The Wine Raconteur: Another blogger from Michigan (hey, it’s all about staying local these days, right?) and after Vini Buoni, this was the second blog I signed up for as I joined wordpress. The style is totally opposite Sipology’s. This is a blog full of anecdotes, memories, and trivia that is a pleasure to follow. John has tried many spectacular wines and vintages and he shares the stories that come with them. I love how John gets carried away sometimes, because this is what it is all about!
- The drunken cyclist: Here is another storyteller who does a great job at drawing me into his posts. We share a passion for Korean food, and the troubles of pairing wine with it. His wines go from daily bargains to top notch, and I am always in for a surprise when I look up the new posts.
- The Virginia Wine Palate: A young blog, like mine, we first met over our common admiration and obsession with cork art, aka whether the winemaker bothered to put something funny, artsy or meaningful on their corks. Focused on wines from the Virginia region, it is pretty eye opening for this Euro-centric blogger and has been a good helper in expanding my horizons.
- From Vinho Verde to Barolo with love: On a wine journey, just like we all are, this one intriguingly combines lessons and observations in life with wine and everything wine related. Thoughtful, witty, funny and well written, it is a real treasure trove.
- Paprika & Pinot: A food and wine site (duh!) with tantalizing recipes and great, great wine reviews. A gorgeous blog, photos, recipes, wines. The title made me laugh because of an unpleasant memory of a South African white that ONLY smelled and ONLY tasted like green peppers (which are called “Paprika” in German)…fell in love with the blog since.
- winophiled: Another food and wine blog with more great recipes. Great help in pairing, and a generally well maintained site with great photos. I have to admit that I have dreams about the citrus brined chicken with avocado sauce and have announced to my wife several times that I will be making this SOON.
These and others are inspiring me daily, and I am grateful for the community I have found.
Oliver, thanks so much for the kind words about my blog. I try to have fun and not take things too seriously. Cheers!
And that is what I like about your blog! :)
I’m a little behind, as I just moved to NYC, but thank you so much for the nomination! And thanks for reading!
oh and i would start with the pork chops! they are easy and ridiculously delicious!
NYC? Awesome!! I enjoy your blog so much.
Oliver, Thank you so much! I am very honored by your praise and kind words.
Oh, I gladly put you on the list!!
Thank you, Oliver! I have thanked you officially on my blog.
Thank you so much for your official thank you! Really appreciate it!!